Model, Vegan and Foodie Nikki Conn was able to give us the run down on everything fashion eariler this week, she’s currently based in Miami, Florida and is a full time model.
- How would you describe your style?
I really don’t have one particular style. I can dress street-style one day, & elegant the next. I dress in what I like, regardless of trends.
- What is your favourite outfit to wear and what stores are those pieces of clothing from?
One of my favorite outfits to wear is rue 21 shorts, rue 21 crop top and a rue 21 sun hat with rampage braided sandals.
- Who is your fashion icon?
Definitely Diane von Furstenberg. I love her prints, & how she makes everyday wear look extraordinary!
- What is your favourite part of being a model?
My favorite part of modeling is actually posing. It’s really fun,& it brings out my creative side!
- What led you to believe that being a vegan is the best lifestyle? What was your inspiration to become a vegan? For example was it a program on TV or have you grown up in a family of vegans.
I have been a vegeterian for most of my life, & I decided to try a plant-based diet for a month, at first, to see if it would improve my heallth & fitness any more than vegeterianism. I have watched several heatlh & animal welfare documentaries over the years, & once I realized how the food industry operates, I adopted veganism permanently, & I have felt better ever since!
- Do you find living in America you have alot more opportunities (in the fashion/modelling industry) than say someone living in Europe?
I can’t say for sure, as I’ve never been to/modeled in Europe, though I look forward to doing so someday soon! I will say that it depends on where you live in America, as I grew up in small towns in the Midwest, & there aren’t nearly as many modeling opportunities there as there are in big cities such as Miami, FL, where I am currently located.
- What is your favourite modelling shoot you’ve ever done?
- If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go and why?
I’ve always wanted to visit London. I love the architecture of the city, & it always looks so cozy in pictures!
- What is your favourite and least favourite food?
My favorite food is veggie spaghetti. My least favorite food would be anything containing animal products, given that I eat a plant-based diet.
- Finally, what is your favourite quote, who is it by and why do you love it?
“Worrying is like a rocking chair: it gives you something to do, but it doesn’t get you anywhere.”
I love this quote because I’ve always believed that worrying is a waste of time & energy that you should put into something more productive.
Photographer copyright (boudior shoot); Adi Hernandez
Written By Livia Mae